Appearance Matters 8, the 8th international multi-disciplinary conference
Hosted by the Centre for Appearance Research.
12-14 June, 2018
Held in historic Bath, United Kingdom, join us to hear about research and good practice around body image and appearance. Featuring keynote presentations from:
Professor Dianne Neumark-Sztainer (University of Minnesota, USA)
‘20 years of research on body dissatisfaction outcomes and influences’
Dr James Partridge, OBE (Changing Faces, UK)
‘Promoting inclusion and best practice health care for people with disfigurements’
Professor Rebecca Puhl (Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity, USA)
‘Weight bias and appearance-based prejudice research and policy’
Plus: Training workshops, paper and poster presentations, mentoring and social events.
The conference will take place in Bath’s famous Georgian Assembly Rooms, with a social programme including a private evening drinks reception at the Roman Baths, one of the best preserved Roman remains in the world, and a conference dinner in the stunning Pump Room.
Registration and abstract submissions
Online conference registration and abstract submissions will open on 1 September 2017.
Closing date for paper and poster abstract submissions is 1 November 2017.
Final date for late breaking research poster abstracts is 4 April 2018.
For more information on the conference, visit www.uwe.ac.uk/appearancematters
BERLIN CONFERENCE 2019: 9th WORLD CONGRESS OF BEHAVIOURAL AND COGNITIVE THERAPIES (WCBCT)
17 & 20 July 2019, The CityCube, Berlin, Germany
- Pre-Congress Full Day Workshop – Adapting Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to the Distinctive Features of Eating Disorders. Speaker: Kelly Bemis Vitousek, Hawaii University, USA
- Invited Address – Pros and Cons of Transdiagnostic Thinking: Examples from the Eating Disorder Field. Speaker: Kelly Bemis Vitousek, Hawaii University, USA
- Half-Day In-Congress Workshop – Exposure therapy applied to eating disorders: Terrified patients and anxious clinicians. Speakers: Carolyn Becker, Trinity University, USA & Glenn Waller, University of Sheffield, UK
- Skills Class: Brief CBT-T for Eating Disorders. Speakers: Glenn Waller, University of Sheffield, UK & Tracey Wade, Flinders University, Australia
At WCBCT, you will have the chance to:
- Learn key CBT skills for working with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder and other eating disorders
- Hear about state of the art of treatment for eating disorders from international experts
- Learn about how to understand and address key symptoms, such as body image, binge-eating, and more
- Participate in discussion about new developments in CBT for eating disorders
- Present your own research and clinical work to an audience of your peers
- Call for Papers Close Sunday 6th January 2019
- Call for Posters Close Sunday 17th February 2019
See FLYER for any further information
Eating Disorders Alpbach 2018
The 26th International Conference
18. – 20. October 2018
Alpbach, Tyrol, Austria
Anorexia & Bulimia nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, Obesity.
Open to sufferers, carers and professionals.
Organised by: Netzwerk Essstoerungen in cooperation with the Austrian Society on Eating Disorders
www.oeges.or.at, Innsbruck Medical University www.i-med.ac.at Kongresssekretariat
Congress Secretariat: Netzwerk Essstoerungen Templstrasse 22 A-6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Phone +43-512-57 60 26 Fax +43-512-58 36 54