Engaging Ambivalent Clients (4th June 2021)
Enhancing our client’s motivation to change and building their self-efficacy is absolutely paramount when it comes to treating people experiencing eating and body image issues. This one-day workshop for allied health practitioners provides an introduction to/ refresher of motivational interviewing with a specific application to eating disorders.
- Understand the transtheoretical stages of change with specific application to eating disorders
- Appreciate the key barriers to recovery for eating disorder sufferers
- Understand how to support clients to move through precontemplation, contemplation and preparation stages of change
- Understand how to build insight in people experiencing eating and body image issues
- Describe a novel treatment mechanism positing open expression = trust = social connectedness
- Increase motivation to change for people experiencing eating and body image issues
- Building self-efficacy in clients
Price: $200- $300.00 + GST
Email: [email protected] | Phone: 9908 3833
The Centre for Eating, Weight and Body Image is pleased to convene the following online training events for 2021.
These trainings are designed to provide the interactive experience of face-to-face training with the convenience of online training, accessible to clinicians from across Australia. There are opportunities to engage with the presenter in a range of formats throughout the training. Bookings can be made through Eventbrite by clicking the below links. Please contact [email protected] for any booking queries.
||To Book (and for more information)
|Family Based Therapy for Adolescent Anorexia Nervosa – Intensive Workshop
||25 & 26 JUN
|MANTRA for Anorexia Nervosa
|Susan Byrne & Emma Dove
||1, 2, 3, & 4 JUN
|Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Eating Disorders
||19 & 26 JUL
Price: $795 (inc. GST) per ticket. Full-time students are eligible for a discount (the student price is $395 inc. GST).
Please email [email protected] with proof of a valid student ID and proof of full-time enrolment to receive the discount code.
Prerequisites: General knowledge of eating disorders is assumed. Participants also need to complete the Inside Out Institute’s Eating Disorders Essentials Training, or equivalent, as a minimum prerequisite.
Preparation: Please check each event for details about pre-reading. Some reading will be made available to participants directly via email. Registered participants will have access to the online event page (on Eventbrite), please check this for online preparation activities. The Zoom link for each training session is also accessed from this page.
Note: All events times are AEST. Events occurring before April 4, 2021 are AEDT.