Enhanced Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT-E) was developed nearly 20 years ago by Christopher Fairburn, from his CBT for Bulimia Nervosa and based on his transdiagnostic theory (Fairbairn et al, 2003). Because of its application to all diagnoses and age groups, CBT-E has become one of the most utilised treatments in Australia and New Zealand. CBT/CBT-E/CBT-ED is recognised by the NICE Guidelines and by Australia’s Medicare system as a recommended treatment.
ANZAED 2023 Virtual Workshop (2-Day): Enhanced Cognitive Behaviour (CBT-E) Therapy by Anthea Fursland
Participants will gain:
- A comprehensive introduction & overview of CBT-E
- Research findings
- Understanding of the importance of client engagement, early behaviour change & addressing obstacles to change
- Understanding of how the transdiagnostic approach of CBT-E can be used with the full range of eating disorders seen in clinical practice, and with all age groups
- Opportunity to view role plays of behavioural & cognitive interventions used in CBT-E, (by clinicians) and recordings of someone with lived experience who has received CBT-E
- Opportunity to practice in pairs
The training provides didactic, interactive & experiential practise opportunities.
Prior knowledge of diagnosis and assessment of eating disorders; starvation syndrome; medical and psychiatric risk; and basic CBT principles is assumed.
Friday 24 November 2023 & Saturday 25 November 2023
10.00am – 5.00pm AEDT. To view your local time click here.
Early-Bird Registration Fee: $480 Members; $550 Non-Members
(this rate is available until Tuesday 28 February)
LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE – 30 SEATS AVAILABLE!
This workshop will take place via zoom.
Anthea Fursland With 42 years in the field, in the UK, USA & Australia, Anthea was Director of CCI and WAEDOCS, created a web-based self-help resource, and co-authored many peer-reviewed papers. She currently works in private practice, offering psychological assessment, and training and consultation to clinicians throughout Australia. Anthea serves on the Steering Committee of the National Eating Disorders Collaboration and is a member of the Australian Government Department of Health Eating Disorders Technical Advisory Group. She is Past President of ANZAED, was elected a Fellow of AED and received the 2016 ANZAED Lifetime Achievement Award, and the 2019 AED Outstanding Clinician Award.