The Trauma and Eating Disorders (TrEDs) SIG will welcome any current member of ANZAED with an interest in the intersection of trauma and eating disorders and their research/treatment, within an evidence informed approach. We welcome those with experience in or curiosity about research or practice across both fields and their intersection. The group will aim to meet four times per year via video conferencing and if possible, in person during the annual ANZAED conference.
Some proposed aims include:
– To provide access to a network of clinicians working across each or both fields, and an opportunity to enhance knowledge and understanding of current treatment trends and research developments in the trauma and eating disorder fields and their intersection.
– To promote the use of evidence informed treatment approaches to both the management of eating disorders, trauma and their co-occurrence.
– To share new findings across both fields.
– To promote a forum to discuss trauma and PTSD, and complex PTSD, and their impact on the development and maintenance of eating disorders.
– To encourage resource sharing, collaboration and opportunities as appropriate.
– To acknowledge the importance of trauma informed care for those working in EDs.
– To provide opportunities for professional development such as through specialist webinars or other invited speakers and training opportunities.
– To build field-relevant networks.
This is a private group. To join you must be a registered site member and request group membership.