The next International Conference on Eating Disorders (ICED), will be held in Sydney, Australia on June 11-13, 2020 bringing together over 1,000 clinicians, researchers and students. Co-hosted by the Academy for Eating Disorders (AED) and Australia & New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders (ANZAED), the conference will take place in the gorgeous, ultra-modern International Convention Centre Sydney, situated in Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
June 11 – June 13, 2020: 3 day conference at the International Convention Centre Sydney.
June 10: Pre-conference clinical and research training day workshops
June 15-16: Post-conference workshop/s: Sydney
June 16-17: Post-conference evening seminars: Great Barrier Reef
One Week prior/One Week after the conference: Clinical and Research Observerships
Key Conference Dates:
August 24, 2019: Call for Abstracts Open September 1, 2019: Early Bird Hotel Room Block Reservations Open ($10 Discount) October 27, 2019: Call for Abstracts Close
- January 31, 2020: ICED Early Bird Registration Opens
- January 31, 2020: Early Bird Hotel Room Block Reservations Close
- April 1, 2020: Early Bird ICED Registration Closes
- March 31, 2020: Hotel Room Block Reservations Close
- June 5, 2020: Online ICED Registration Closes
- June 9, 2020: Registration begin on-site
Scholarship & Award Opportunities
ANZAED 2020 Digital Marketing Toolkit
Hotels & Flights
Things to do
Message from ICED 2020 Sydney (ANZAED and AED) Scientific Program Committee Co-Chairs
You may have heard the exciting news – that in 2020, for the first time, the Australia and New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders (ANZAED) is joining forces with the Academy for Eating Disorders (AED) to hold a joint meeting, the International Conference on Eating Disorders (ICED), in Sydney.
We will be working hard to blend the best of both conferences, combining the high level of international expertise found at AED’s annual conferences with all the favourite aspects of our local conference. There will be ample opportunities to network with overseas colleagues and collaborators, highlight our local expertise, make new connections and rub shoulders with international experts.
- ICED 2020 will be a 3-day event, plus a Pre-Conference Clinical Training Day / Pre-Conference Research Day. We are also planning post-conference workshops.
- The theme of the conference is “Taking a Different Perspective” – we promise to provide a fun and stimulating conference that does not shy away from courting tough conversations and debates, stepping outside of comfort zones to broaden horizons, and also encouraging critical reflection on the field.
- We’re excited to announce our keynote speaker, Janet Treasure, OBE PhD FRCP FRCPsych, who discuss controversial perspectives on understanding the relationship between eating disorders and the brain, guided by her long career in research and clinical practice.
ICED 2020 in Sydney is a great opportunity for ANZAED members to listen to, meet and develop connections with a variety of international eating disorder specialists. As the Co-Chairs of the ICED 2020 Sydney (ANZAED and AED) Scientific Program Committee, and on behalf of our amazing and hardworking committee, we enthusiastically invite you to attend ICED 2020 in Sydney!