Position Vacant: Therapist, Outpatient Treatment Program
Butterfly Foundation is Australia’s national charity for eating disorders and body image issues, providing a voice for those affected and the people who care for them. Eating disorders are severe and complex mental illnesses with physical complications, and the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many, life threatening.
About the Role: This role is part of the Clinical Services team, delivering high quality, evidence-based treatment options in response to the growing needs of people living with eating disorder in Australia. You will facilitate treatment programs aimed at bringing about behavioural change and psychological recovery in order to help clients develop healthy living practices, reduce disordered eating, and move towards healthy, mindful, intuitive, flexible and relaxed eating practices. Working to provide group therapy and meal support, you will be working directly with people with eating disorders and their carers.
To see the FULL Selection Criteria, please view the Position Description here: www.butterfly.org.au/careers
To Apply: All applicants should supply their resume, and must address the Selection Criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter. Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered. Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title: Therapist, Outpatient Treatment Program
Closing Date: Sunday 9 August 2020
Mental Health Clinician for Eating Disorder & Body Image Clinic – Ivanhoe
Nourish. Nurture. Thrive. is a highly regarded, multidisciplinary practice supporting individuals with eating disorders and body image concerns across the size spectrum and lifespan. We strive to provide evidence-based clinical interventions grounded in respectful and compassionate therapeutic relationships. We are committed to supporting your professional growth in an encouraging and dynamic environment.
We are seeking an experienced mental health clinician (psychologist, mental health social worker or occupational therapist) to join our team to deliver evidence based eating disorder treatment to children, adolescents and families. The clinician must have experience in delivering Family Based Treatment and experience working with children and families.
We are offering either a permanent part time role (0.6 EFT) or a contractor position (2 days) at Ivanhoe. There is also an opportunity to extend hours, if able to work across our two sites (Ivanhoe and Mornington).
We offer: Generous remuneration; Flexible hours/days; Administrative support; Supervision, case consultation, access to clinical resources
- Registration with AHPRA or AASW
- Master’s/Doctoral Degree
- Experiencing working with children, adolescents and families
- Experience treating eating disorders
- Understanding of FBT, CBT-E and HAES
- Medicare provider eligibility
- ABN, professional indemnity insurance, WWCC
- Exemplary communication skills/record keeping abilities.
For more information, visit nourishnurturethrive.com.au.
To apply please contact Ainsley or Claire on 8370 3178 or email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 31 July 2020
Eating Disorders Queensland is seeking an experienced Eating Disorders Practitioner (NDIS) to work on a contract basis.
We are seeking a practitioner who:
- Is confident in delivering specialist therapeutic supports and treatment services to people with eating disorders from a multi-disciplinary approach underpinned by evidenced-based best practice framework.
- Has a strong understanding of the impact of eating disorders in clinical work with adults, young people and families, as well as working with related co-occurring mental health and social issues.
- Is committed to working within a Feminist practice in relation to Eating Disorders.
- Has knowledge or experience in working within NDIS requirements including documentation and reporting is able to work autonomously.
For further details, please see: https://
Closing Date: Monday 3 August 2020